Have you ever had a burger with a bun so good that you thought you will never taste better bread in your life? Now think what would life be if you were able to make this in your very own kitchen? Here is how you can do that:
What you need:
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg for egg wash
- In a big bowl mix the warm water, milk, and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it activate for a few minutes.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients /flour and salt/.
- When the yeast is activated, add the flour and combine until soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rise until double.
- Prepare a sheet pan covered with baking paper. Roll each bun. Place them on the sheet pan approximately 3 inches away from each other. Let them rise until double.
- In the meanwhile preheat the oven to 200°C.
- When the buns rise, spread egg wash. If you like you can add sesame seed /or other seeds as per your preference/.
- Bake for 12 minutes, turn the sheet pan and bake for another 5 minutes.