Do you love the smell and taste of freshly baked cookies? Who doesn’t huh? But making them yourself is not always easy. This is a recipe that even people who have no cooking skill at all can easily do. If you want to surprise someone or just spoil yourself with homemade warm cookies then please keep reading.
What you need:
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup butter (softened / aka at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. This should take around 3.5-5 minutes /use a mixer on medium speed/.
- Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the vanilla.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar/butter mixture. If you have a dough attachment you can finish up with the mixer or you can stir in by hand. Do not overwork the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cover a sheet pan with baking paper or alternatively spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball. Place them on the sheet pan approximately 2 inches away from each other. After that slightly press each ball. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.