Do you struggle every time you try to make your own pie crust so you go and buy lousy one from the store? Well, you don’t have to do this anymore. This is the simplest pie recipe and the only one you will need!
What you need:
For the crust /make x2 if you want to decorate it/:
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- ½ cup butter /cold and cubed/
For the filling:
- 3 pounds plums
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients for the crust. Add the butter and start mixing /by hand/. Add ice cold water if necessary /spoon by spoon/.
- Put the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- In another bowl combine the plums /cut as per your preference/, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Split the crust dough in half and roll it. Put one half to the bottom of the pie pan. Add the fruit mixture. Put the rest of the crust on top /style as per your preference/.
- Spread egg wash on top crust and sprinkle sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let it chill before serving. Top with powdered sugar and ice cream.